Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Some Sharing

I started this blog promising to share. I haven't. I've hardly posted.

The problem is really the same as the reason for the blog. I'm a Christian. I believe in the Bible. I believe Jesus died for my sins and rose on the third day. However, a lot of what I see Christians seeing and doing is not consistent with the Bible or with what Jesus says.

A big thing we Christians do is make too many rules. In my heart I violate a lot of the rules, especially the sexual ones. Sometimes I'm really violating what the Bible says and doing wrong. Other times I'm just violating man made rules. I may feel guilty or ashamed, but I didn't really do anything wrong. I often cannot tell the difference.

Sometimes even though what I'm doing is not explicitly wrong it may hurt those close to me. I am married, so I most worry about hurting my wife.

So this blog is a secret from my friends and especially my wife. I want to air out my thoughts and problems without hurting her or any of the rest of my friends.

There is the dilemma. I don't want to write at home and be caught. So I must chose my times to post carefully. I have thought of writing sometimes, but felt more like devoting my energies to the real world. Now I'm starting again. I feel like I need to write to sort things out. Hopefully this start will go better.

I have a lot more to say, but will stop here. I don't want to begin with a tome.

No comments: