Friday, November 02, 2007

Nothing to Hide

Ovelle Pharmaceuticals, a skincare company based in the Republic of Ireland produced this commercial.



Their sales have gone up 500% as a result. I'm encouraged that there wasn't any backlash.

Well, sort of. YouTube removed the commercial because it was inappropriate. (The only working link I found is on a Spanish video site.) This wasn't done in the U.S. and nothing like will be for a long time -- think of all the flak Janet Jackson's breast caused. Will we ever loosen up here in the States?

I like the commercial because it uses nudity in context. They really make their point. I admit, seeing so many beautiful naked people working together, especially the women, is a turn on for me. It gets my sexual fires burning. But the commercial is not overtly sexual. It is about naturalness and freedom. That too turns me on. I think our world would be better if we all felt this kind of freedom.

No comments: